Saturday, February 22, 2014

Lessons for Mommy

I've learned that being a parent tends to highlight things about you the parent as you try to teach new skills to your child. One thing that I already knew about myself is that I really like for things to be balanced and symmetrical. This means watching Noah build his block towers that are neither of these things can make me a little crazy. I have to practice a great deal of restraint so that I don't take over his building project to make it the nice symmetrical tower I would like for it to be. He doesn't know anything about symmetry, and even if he did, I'm not sure he would care. This is a good lesson for me in letting things go so that he is free to express himself and learn on his own. All I need is a few deep breaths.




1 comment:

  1. Oh my word. That tower would drive me batty. I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete