Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A New Method

I'm always checking Pinterest for interesting new things to do with Noah. One thing I saw was painting with bath sponges. I found some small ones at Wal-Mart and decided to give it a try.


Noah dove right in and quickly covered the paper with paint. I tried this myself and discovered that if it's done carefully and neatly, it looks a bit like fireworks.


But what two year old cares about being careful and neat? Certainly not mine. He mixed the colors all together until he had covered the entire page. He then asked for a paintbrush to add a little more texture to his creation.


When he was finished, I wrote his name in his painting with my finger.


Noah stepped away from the paint, feeling satisfied with his creation, and said "No more". This little activity kept us busy for about 15 minutes or so. That's pretty good in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment