Sunday, December 9, 2012

Rainy Day Play

Noah loves to be outside, so rainy days are especially disappointing for him. Yesterday was one of those days. We had been cooped up for far too long and he just kept going over and pointing to the door. I gave in, and we went outside.

I gave him a piece of chalk to draw with, since it looks better on the wet asphalt. He enjoyed that for a few minutes...until he found a puddle.


Noah also loves water, so there's nothing more tempting than a nice puddle. He dipped his chalk in it. He swished his hand around in it. I could see he wanted to dive right in. I wanted to pull him away. He was wearing brand new pants, he looked adorable, I didn't want him all wet and muddy. But, he had been a trooper all day, running errands with me and putting up with being stuck inside. So I gave in and let him have the puddle.


 He was so happy to splash in this puddle and every other one he could find. And, if you think about it, the best way to play in a puddle really is just to sit right down in it. He ended up splashing mud up on his clothes, wiping it on his face, and covering his chalk. But he really could not have cared less. He thoroughly enjoyed himself. When he was good and dirty, we made our way back inside and straight to the bathtub. I guess rainy days aren't all bad.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment