It's a little bit hard to believe that my sweet Noah is already two weeks old. Those two weeks are a bit of a blur in my mind. They seemed to go by really fast and somehow, at the same time, seemed to be never ending. I still don't have everything figured out about being the parent of a newborn, but I'm learning new things every day. Here are some things that I've learned so far.
1. At my showers, I was given about 15 receiving blankets and I thought to myself, do I really need all of these? The answer is yes. I need every last one of them. For the reason, see number 2.
2. Baby boys can pee straight out of a diaper. It's amazing really. They seem to be able to find the smallest little space left between their leg and the elastic band and aim straight for it. We go through several onesies and receiving blankets every day because they all fall victim to the crack shot aim of my son.
3. The waterproof pads that I thought were such a waste are actually a blessing. Again, see number 2.
4. My husband is amazing. I felt this way already, but seeing him with Noah has only made those feelings stronger. He has been so great with him, and seeing them together just makes me so unbelievably happy with my life.
5. Grandma's are amazing. There's no one else who loves a baby quite like a Grandma. And I'm pretty sure Noah has already stolen her heart.
6. Even when he's sleeping, this smile just melts my heart. I can't wait until he starts doing it when he's awake and alert. He's definitely going to break a few hearts.