Monday, August 29, 2011

Waitin' on Noah

Noah's room is FINALLY ready. The stripes on the wall are painted.  The furniture is assembled and in place.  The bedding has been washed and placed on the bed.  His tiny clothes, that I feel sure could not possibly fit on an actual human being, are tucked away neatly in the chest of drawers.  He has custom artwork done by yours truly adorning his walls.  The green shelves that his dad picked out look great on the wall holding books and toys.  I've rearranged the items in baskets on the changing table about a half dozen times and finally think I have them settled where I want them...I'm probably incorrect. He even has a chair and step stool that belonged to me when I was a kid that my mom lovingly painted and decorated to match the nursery.  Everything, it seems, is ready for him.....

 ...and now, we wait.  I've discovered it's a bit unnerving knowing that one of the biggest moments of your life will be happening any day now, but you don't get to know which day.  I think God is trying to use this time in my life to teach me patience.  I have to admit, I am not the best student when it comes to this topic. I struggle and resist, but it does no good.  Noah seems firmly planted where he is for the moment, and I keep having to tell myself that he will come in God's time, not mine. So for now, I guess we're just going to keep waiting on Noah.  And when he finally decides to make his grand appearance, I'm sure my world will never be the same.

2 comments:

  1. It's awesome, Miranda! We are very excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to want that diaper genie A LOT closer...don't want to have to hold onto a blow out longer than necessary :). Saw where someone suggested having a basket downstairs too...I wasn't allowed to climb the stairs for 2 weeks so be sure to have some stuff downstairs just in case. love ya'll and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete