Monday, August 8, 2011

Coming Soon

It seems the date of Noah's arrival is fast approaching.  It also seems that I get more and more terrified with every passing day. But I'm so excited for our little boy to be here with us. I can't wait to hold him in my arms and look into the big bright eyes that I know he's going to have.  I have to admit that I will miss being able to feel his movements inside, but I don't think they can compare with being able to actually touch him and see him.
 

We toured the hospital yesterday and I have to admit that it was pretty much a blur for me. All I could think was, "This is actually going to happen.  We are really having a baby."  While I've known that for almost nine months now, it has only recently seemed to really sink in.  We are going to have this tiny little person to bring home and take care of.  People keep telling me that my instincts will kick in and I'll just know what to do.  I hope they're right.  But I know that God is watching over us and will guide us in taking care of this little blessing.  He will teach us everything we need to know to be good parents to Noah, and teach him how to be a good man. For now, we'll just sit back and wait for the arrival of our little one and try to enjoy the last few weeks we have of getting a full night's sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment