Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

My first Mother's Day felt a bit surreal. I always thought as I was buying Mother's Day cards, "One day I'll be a mom and I'll be getting these cards". All of a sudden one day became today and it took me a little bit by surprise.

We spent Saturday at my parents' house visiting with my mom. We took a few family photos (which I actually like), Noah played in the birdbath, and we played a little corn hole. Noah made a picture frame for his Nana. He made footprints on the frame and turned them into a butterfly. He's really quite talented for an 8-month old.



 

On Sunday, Taylor got up with Noah so I could sleep a little later. When I came downstairs, he was cooking pancakes and bacon. It was quite tasty. We went to church, came home and had lunch, and just spent the day hanging out at home. It rained most of the day so there wasn't much else we could do anyway. We had a tasty dinner and Noah gave me a gift card to get a tan before we go to the beach in July. My first Mother's Day, however surreal it was, turned out to be a really nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment